LGM Pharma is a Lenalidomide 191732-72-6 active pharmaceutical ingredient supplier distributor, based in the USA.
Questions? Call our customer API support number 1-(800)-881-8210.
LGM Pharma offers this active ingredient but not the finished dosage forms.Inquire about Lenalidomide
|Molecular Weight:||259.2606 g/mol|
|Assay/Purity:||Typically NLT 98%|
Additional Details: [+]
For the treatment of patients with transfusion-dependent anemia due to low- or intermediate- risk myelodysplastic syndromes associated with a deletion 5q cytogenetic abnormality with or without additional cytogenetic abnormalities.
Lenalidomide, a thalidomide analogue, is an immunomodulatory agent possessing immunomodulatory and antiangiogenic properties. Lenalidomide inhibits the secretion of pro-inflammatory cytokines and increases the secretion of anti-inflammatory cytokines from peripheral blood mononuclear cells. Lenalidomide inhibits cell proliferation with varying effectiveness (IC50s) in some but not all cell lines. Lenalidomide is effective in inhibiting growth of Namalwa cells (a human B cell lymphoma cell line with a deletion of one chromosome 5) but is much less effective in inhibiting growth of KG-1 cells (human myeloblastic cell line, also with a deletion of one chromosome 5) and other cell lines without chromosome 5 deletions.
|Mode of Action:||
The mechanism of action of lenalidomide remains to be fully characterized, however it has been demonstrated that lenalidomide inhibits the expression of cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2), but not COX-1, in vitro. In vivo it induces tumor cell apoptosis directly and indirectly by inhibition of bone marrow stromal cell support, by anti-angiogenic and anti-osteoclastogenic effects, and by immunomodulatory activity
The metabolic profile of lenalidomide in humans has not been studied. In healthy volunteers, approximately two-thirds of lenalidomide is eliminated unchanged through urinary excretion. The process exceeds the glomerular filtration rate and therefore is partially or entirely active.
The most frequently reported adverse events were related to blood and lymphatic system disorders, skin and subcutaneous tissue disorders, gastrointestinal disorders, and general disorders and administrative site conditions.
- Patients with myelodysplastic syndrome, which is caused by an abnormal chromosome (deletion 5q MDS), glean effectual treatment from the use of Lenalidomide.
- Findings presented at the American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting at the beginning of December 2014 showed immunomodulatory drug Lenalidomide to elicit no increased risk for AML in MDS patients.
- A protective effect from Lenalidomide was found in patients with a lower risk on IPSS, which is the most commonly used tool in myelodysplastic syndrome to predict long-term outcomes.
- Lenalidomide created quite a stir on Wall Street on July 11, 2013 when shares of Celgene&rsquo;s Revlimid, the brand name of Lenalidomide, soared after positive Phase 3 study data was revealed for this blood cancer drug.
- The patent for Celgene&rsquo;s Revlimid expires on October 4, 2019.
- Lenalidomide is also in a novel class of medications called immunomodulatory drugs.
Products currently covered by valid US Patents are offered for R&D use in accordance with 35 USC 271(e)+A13(1).
Any patent infringement and resulting liability is solely at buyer risk.
API’s From Quality Manufacturers:
- Cost effective materials based on specific requirements
- Small quantities for initial research and larger development quantities towards product commercialization
- Technical packages, letters of access to filed DMFs
- Complete assistance in any regulatory filings
- Top quality GMP certified manufacturers
- Have necessary regulatory credentials