LGM Pharma is a Droxidopa 23651-95-8 active pharmaceutical ingredient supplier distributor, based in the USA.
Questions? Call our customer API support number 1-(800)-881-8210.
LGM Pharma offers this active ingredient but not the finished dosage forms.Inquire about Droxidopa
|Molecular Weight:||213.1873 g/mol|
|Assay/Purity:||Typically NLT 98%|
|IUPAC Name:||(2R,3S)-2-amino-3-(3,4-dihydroxyphenyl)-3-hydroxypropanoic acid|
Additional Details: [+]
For treatment of neurogenic orthostatic hypotension (NOH) associated with various disorders including Multiple System Atrophy, Familial Amyloid Polyneuropathy, hemodialysis induced hypotension and Parkinson&#039;s Disease. Also investigated for use/treatment in neurologic disorders, nephropathy, blood (blood forming organ disorders, unspecified), and dizzy/fainting spells.
Droxidopa is an orally active synthetic precursor of norepinephrine that increases the deficient supply of norepinephrine in patients with NOH, thereby improving orthostatic blood pressure and alleviating associated symptoms of lightheadedness, dizziness, blurred vision, and syncope through the induction of tachycardia (increased heart rate) and hypertension.
|Mode of Action:||
Droxidopa crosses the blood-brain barrier where it is converted to norepinephrine via decarboxylation by L-aromatic-amino-acid decarboxylase. Increased levels of norepinephrine in the central nervous system (CNS) may be beneficial to patients in a wide range of indications. Norephinephrine acts at alpha-adrenergic receptors as a vasoconstrictor and at beta-adrenergic receptors as a heart stimulator and artery dilator.
Droxidopa is metabolized by aromatic L-amino acid decarboxylase.
Droxidopa has minimal toxic effects and an acute, oral LD50 of more than 5 g/kg in mice, rats, dogs, and monkeys. Side effects occur in in 0.78% of patients and include nausea, headache, increased blood pressure, hallucination, and anorexia.
- The FDA recently approved Droxidopa, known as the brand name Northera, to treat neurogenic orthostatic hypotension, which is a common complication of Parkinson&amp;rsquo;s disease.
- Droxidopa was effective and tolerable when administered to patients during two clinical trials, with the results leading the FDA to approve the short term use of this drug.
- Approved under an accelerated approval program, Droxidopa (Northera) has proven to be effectual for relieving short term dizziness and hypotension in patients with Parkinson&amp;rsquo;s disease.&amp;nbsp;
Products currently covered by valid US Patents are offered for R&D use in accordance with 35 USC 271(e)+A13(1).
Any patent infringement and resulting liability is solely at buyer risk.
API’s From Quality Manufacturers:
- Cost effective materials based on specific requirements
- Small quantities for initial research and larger development quantities towards product commercialization
- Technical packages, letters of access to filed DMFs
- Complete assistance in any regulatory filings
- Top quality GMP certified manufacturers
- Have necessary regulatory credentials