LGM Pharma is a Anakinra 143090-92-0 active pharmaceutical ingredient supplier distributor, based in the USA.
Questions? Call our customer API support number 1-(800)-881-8210.
LGM Pharma offers this active ingredient but not the finished dosage forms.Inquire about Anakinra
|Synonyms:||ICIL-1RA, IL-1ra, IL-1RN, IL1 inhibitor, Interleukin-1 receptor antagonist protein precursor, IRAP|
|Molecular Weight:||17257.6000 g/mol|
|Assay/Purity:||Typically NLT 98%|
|IUPAC Name:||Recombinant human Interleukin-1 receptor antagonist protein; syn. N2-l-methionyl-interleukin 1 receptor antagonist (human isoform x reduced)|
Additional Details: [+]
For the treatment of adult rheumatoid arthritis and treatment of Neonatal-Onset Multisystem Inflammatory Disease (NOMID).
Used to treat rheumatoid arthritis, Anakinra blocks the biologic activity of IL-1 by competitively inhibiting IL-1 binding to the interleukin-1 type I receptor (IL-1RI), which is expressed in a wide variety of tissues and organs. IL-1 production is induced in response to inflammatory stimuli and mediates various physiologic responses including inflammatory and immunological responses. Patients with rheumatoid arthritis have elevated levels of IL-1. The levels of the naturally occurring IL-1Ra in synovium and synovial fluid from rheumatoid arthritis (RA) patients are not sufficient to compete with the elevated amount of locally produced IL-1. Increasing the levels of IL-1Ra by artificial means reduces the negative effects (cartilage degradation, bone resorption) of IL-1.
|Mode of Action:||
Anakinra binds competitively to the Interleukin-1 type I receptor (IL-1RI), thereby inhibiting the action of elevated levels IL-1 which normally can lead to cartilage degradation and bone resorption.
Most common adverse reactions (incidence ≥ 5%) are injection site reaction, worsening of rheumatoid arthritis, upper respiratory tract infection, headache, nausea, diarrhea, sinusitis, arthralgia, flu like-symptoms, and abdominal pain when anakinra is used in RA patients. In NOMID patients, the most common AEs during the first 6 months of treatment (incidence >10%) are injection site reaction, headache, vomiting, arthralgia, pyrexia, and nasopharyngitis.
- The FDA has approved Anakinra CAS# 143090-92-0 marketed as Kineret® for the treatment of children and adults with neonatal-onset multisystem inflammatory disease (NOMID). Kineret® is the first and only FDA-approved therapy for NOMID, the most severe form of cryopyrin associated periodic syndromes (CAPS).
- 5 years of treatment with NOMID patients demonstrated that, in addition to controlling the daily symptoms of the disease, hearing and vision remain stable and do not progress on treatment.
- Certain cases of NOMID cause severe symptoms, like headaches, seizures and vomiting which result from chronic meningitis.
Products currently covered by valid US Patents are offered for R&D use in accordance with 35 USC 271(e)+A13(1).
Any patent infringement and resulting liability is solely at buyer risk.
API’s From Quality Manufacturers:
- Cost effective materials based on specific requirements
- Small quantities for initial research and larger development quantities towards product commercialization
- Technical packages, letters of access to filed DMFs
- Complete assistance in any regulatory filings
- Top quality GMP certified manufacturers
- Have necessary regulatory credentials